Built in 1950, the University of Virginia’s New Cabell Hall is situated at the end of Thomas Jefferson’s historic Academical Village. It is considered an important building in this historic campus. In 2008, the University began a comprehensive restoration of New Cabell Hall to return the facility to its original intent while introducing modern facilities and amenities for its occupants which include the modern language, media studies, and graduate studies departments and the Dean of Arts and Sciences.
OWNER: University of Virginia
TIMEFRAME: 2008 – 2014
SIZE: 149,000 SF
COST: $49 million
2020 – Green Building Legacy Award, USGBC Virginia
2020 – People’s Choice Award, USGBC Virginia
2015 – Virginia Chapter Merit Award, American Society of Landscape Architects