Duncan Memorial’s current facility was built in 1954 on the campus of Randolph-Macon College. In 2014, the church was renovated and expanded to better serve the congregation and the community. Additions included a new 1,200 SF entry, an elevator to provide ADA access to the second floor, and a Fellowship Hall building. The existing interior spaces were updated to accommodate new offices, classrooms, restrooms, and a nursery/toddler area.
2RW contributed to the feasibility study which assessed the building’s existing systems to determine the most-effective path to modernize the church.
2RW also provided MEP design for a new HVAC system and updates to existing electrical and plumbing systems for the new nursery, offices, classrooms, restrooms, and Sanctuary.
OWNER: Duncan Memorial United Methodist Church
TIMEFRAME: 2014 – 2015
SIZE: 6,200 SF
COST: $1.6 million