Electrical Engineer (EE)
Electrical Engineer (EE) – Make a difference. Shape your future. Have a great time doing it.
Are you an EE who wants to be part of the climate-change solution? Are you passionate about designing electrical systems for energy-efficient buildings? Do you want to work with interesting clients and expand your technical expertise and knowledge in the architecture and engineering (A/E) world? If so, this position is for you!
Starting on day one, you’ll be a contributing member of our team. You’ll work with innovative, experienced engineers to design and renovate a wide range of building types at public and private schools, prominent universities, federal agencies, museums, municipalities, health care facilities, arts and cultural organizations, and historic sites across Virginia.
Who is 2RW?
2RW is a dynamic mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering firm that specializes in designing energy-efficient buildings for clients in many markets. Our small-office environment and focus on hiring the best and brightest in the industry give the company the dynamic feel of a startup with the backing of 34 years of business experience. We’re focused on the future and want to influence positive change in our environment and our communities. We pursue interesting projects in which we can help our clients excel and provide exceptional growth experiences for our engineers. Our projects have won numerous awards for exceeding clients’ energy-saving goals.
Enjoy the convenience of working in the heart of Charlottesville. A two-minute walk to the historic downtown mall and Sprint Pavilion. Enjoy great restaurants, shopping, and entertainment.
- Be a part of the climate-change solution!
- Explore your professional passions.
- Design electrical systems for LEED, Net Zero, WELL, and other high-performance buildings.
- Break the engineering mold with a focus on excellent communication and client service.
- Learn from talented, experienced mentors.
- Become a valued, empowered contributor on day one, not a cog in a big-company wheel.
- Get your EIT, PE, LEED, or other certifications to boost your career.
- Become a Revit expert.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, small-office environment with the perks, clients, and projects of an established firm.
- Escape from the office with day trips to collaborate with clients and visit building sites.
- Be part of a team that works hard and has fun doing it.
- Meet like-minded people and share experiences like company-sponsored golf and disc golf outings, happy hours, and other team-building activities.
- Design your own career, don’t just take a “job”.
- Get competitive pay, banked PTO, a Simple IRA with up to 3% company match – and, employees pay $0 monthly health insurance premiums!
- EE BS degree from an ABET-accredited college
- 2-8 years of experience in the architecture/engineering/design (A/E/D) industry preferred
- EIT preferred if you have fewer than four years’ experience; PE preferred if you have more than four years’ experience.
- Desire to constantly innovate processes and ask questions
- Basic CAD/REVIT knowledge required; proficiency/advanced skills preferred
- Interest in managing small renovation projects a plus, with potential for growth to manage larger projects
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required, advanced knowledge a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills required
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate and work well with others required
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines concurrently
- Willing to visit construction sites
If you want to work with great people, design your own career, and make an impact right away, apply today! We’ll reply within 24 hours. Please click Apply in the right column to submit a cover letter and resume. We are ready to hire the right candidate right away!